Metabolic shifts and structural changes in the gut microbiota upon amino acid supplementation.
In order to slow down the ageing process.
Middle-aged mice (16 months) supplemented for 90 days with EAAs
- gut microbiota was analysed by 16S rDNA sequencing
- Ageing leads to a reduction of the ratio Firmicutes/Bacterioides in the microbiota
- EAAs supplementation counteracts this reduction by lowering the
bacteria related to “inflamm-aging” (Bacterioides)
- This leads to a “rejuvenation” of the microbiota.
- EAAs supplementation halves the increase of the concentration of LBP
related to ageing.
- This indicates a reduction of antigens in the gut and in the host
*Lipopolysaccharide Binding Protein (biomarker for the host inflammatory state)